Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Burbs? Wait Until You Meet The Klopeks.

  

And we're up back here at my blog! Today's review would be the movie, The Burbs, which I think is a comedy-horror one and seeing Tom Hanks on it is really, really awkward.

I mean, seriously? But man, he's like a natural comic relief. I didn't go overly laughing but I was almost all the time smiling. :)


 I really find it hilarious to see Tom Hanks'(as Ray Perterson) neighbors here especially Rick Ducommun as Art Weingartner and Bruce Dern as Lt. Mark Rumsfield. They were just hilarious! Doing things just to prove that the Klopek family are doing something evil or plain dark fishy.

The plot is that they're old neighbor mysteriously disappeared and here comes out of nowhere, the Klopek family, and strange things have been going on since they arrived at the neighborhood. 

No one comes out from the house unless it's evening, house looks like a haunted house, and grim sounds coming from the inside of the house burning something or digging at their backyard on a middle of a freaking storm.

The Klopek family (Henry Gibson as Dr. Werner Klopek, Brother Theodore as Uncle Reuben Klopek and Courtney Gains as Hans Klopek) were just plain looking evil when you see them at first, and acts really weird when Hanks and the neighborhood had a chit-chat with them on one night.

Some scenes made me jump out of my bed like the one where Tom Hanks was dreaming, and this horror characters were like hunting him and want him to kill. But that was just one of the fun parts of it. I could say that this kind of films don't work well with Tom Hanks but you might not know, maybe there's someone out there that would really go and mix Hanks and horror into it.

Overall, I was happy to watch it and gives a new perspective on what Tom Hanks could do on horror movies.

~Derrick

PS: I've recorded my cover on 'Philadelphia' but I think I have to re-record again. I'm not satisfied on the output and there was just too much picked up noise at the background.

Anyway, thanks everyone who views/reads/browses my blog! And to my cousin who already know this, I didn't expected someone to find out. Haha...


No comments:

Post a Comment