Wednesday, May 30, 2012

On My Way On The Road To Perdition.


I finally got the movie, Road to Perdition, which stars Tom Hanks as Michael Sullivan, Sr., a top-notch hitman who works for John Rooney (played by Paul Newman). The plot takes place in 1931, during the Great Depression, following a mob enforcer and his son as they seek vengeance against a mobster who murdered the rest of their family.

The story steams up when Tyler Hoechlin as Michael Sullivan, Jr., Tom Hanks son in the movie, hides at the back of their car, and follows his father only to find out that he's a hitman working for Rooney.

I won't go any further since haven't fully finished yet the movie myself, but I'm sure it will go beneath my skin again and cry again later.

One thing's for sure about the movie, a father will always look after for his son/daughter, no matter what. It's his family that's always important.

And it's refreshing to see Tom Hanks on a darker side here but still that has charm to flip it over to another level.

~Derrick

PS. I'm going to get the movie 'Philadelphia' next! Excited! And might I say, Cloud Atlas has a release date of December in America? Oh bummer, and I thought it was already in October.

And to think of it, there's a release date for Gump & Company movie next year. Would it happen? I sure do want to see Tom Hanks take on again the role of Forrest Gump on a modern day era.


No comments:

Post a Comment